Money saving tips from the money saving Seward group
The summer holidays are here and with it comes the endless days out driving here there and everywhere. Despite the numerous vouchers and 2 4 1 deals at many attractions, it's still an expensive time, and that's before you calculate the cost of petrol. We think you should spend your money on treating your family rather than inflated petrol prices so we have come up with some great tips to help you to get more miles for your money.
- Stop carrying unnecessary weight in the car - This could be the numerous outfits (accounting for the British weather) you have in the boot or even rubbish from the kids. The excess weight contributes to higher fuel costs. Think about what you are taking or have in your car on your next trip.
- Break bad habits - speeding and accelerating too hard can decrease you miles per gallon. Driving in the correct gear will also increase your miles per gallon.
- Combining trips into one - doing several short trips can use a lot more fuel than doing two or three errands in one. The engine becomes more efficient the more it heats up.
- Tire pressure - Check your tyres on a regular basis (once a month, and before long trips) can increase your fuel efficiency, under-inflated tyres burn more fuel.
- Cruise control - When appropriate, use your cruise control. Driving at a steady pace will increase miles per gallon.
- Traffic - We know this one isn't as easy to do as it is out of your control, but avoid traffic. Avoid the roads you know are going to be busy, and avoid rush hour. Not only can it be frustrating for you and your family, but it is not good for your fuel economy!
- Service - To get the most out of your fuel, make sure your car is maintained well with regular services. We offer many different service levels as well as discounts for loyal Seward customers like you. Join our Executive club to reap these benefits here.